Thursday, May 24, 2012

5 Months

5/17/2012

Charlotte Rose, you are 5 months old! I can't even believe it. I can't put into words how I feel about it. It's a mixture of excitement and sadness. It thrills me that you're growing, but sad that you're doing it so quickly. I ask you all the time where my itty-bitty baby went, and you just give me that big gummy grin. Like I said, exciting and sad.



You can sit up all on your own now! It's amazing! You're still a tad wobbly, but you've got it. You tumble every now and then, but you try hard to get back up. You're not a quitter :)



We've started you on some solids. So far you LOVE sweet potatoes! You're also a fan of applesauce, prunes, peas, and bananas. I let you have tastes of pretty much everything if I'm able. You love pickles like your daddy. You seem to be drawn to sour and tart things like daddy.



You're on a bottle strike. I'm not sure what your problem is, but it's sometimes inconvenient. On the plus side though, I don't have to wash any bottles. So there's that.



You had your first real babysitter this month. Moma and Daddy had to go to Ben and Jesse's wedding in Wilmington, and you weren't invited. We left you with Gabbie for the whole day and you did great! Moma was freaked out the whole time, but you loved it. You got to play with Nora cat, and your uncles, and you didn't see, overly concerned when we got back. You didn't seem to miss us at all :(



You have taken several naps in your crib lately! We're slowly starting sleep training, and so far so good. You're still in bed with us at night. I'm just not ready to kick you out. It's complete selfishness on my part. I'm working on it.



You were the Flower Girl of Honor at Moma and Daddy's wedding this month. We got married before we even knew about you, but after we found out about you, we delayed the actual wedding. You were a doll the whole time, and everyone who hadn't met you yet finally got to.



Moma got put in the hospital for a kidney infection this month, so you spent an entire day with daddy and formula. Since, the two of you have been best friends. You were ok with the formula too, so I'm not as freaked out by it anymore. We only give it to you when I can't nurse you, so it's not often, but you don't seem to mind it.




As of today you are 20.8 pounds. Holy cow chunk-a-chunk! You are also in size 3 diapers. We had a bunch of size 2's left, which you chunked out of, so you kindly donated them to Miss Iris. You are wearing 6-9 month size clothes, with the occasional 3 month outfit. Time to pack up the teeny tiny clothes.



You're getting big baby girl, and smarter by the minute. I love to watch you figure things out. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this month! We love you bunches and bunches Chickapea!

XoXo, Moma and Daddy

 photo chickapeasiggy_zpsaf5931e6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment