Thursday, October 27, 2011

Proud Army Wife


So I need to vent for just a second. It really bothers me when other military wives bitch and moan about their husbands jobs. How hard it is, how the pay sucks, how he's always deployed, or how much he works, etc. Now the deployment thing I get. They suck, and sometimes the only thing you can do to make yourself feel better is to bitch. I did it when Joe was deployed, and I'm just saying, it totally helped me deal. But the in general bitching about the job? Totally and completely unacceptable. His job didn't change from when y'all were dating, what in the world made you think it would somehow change when you got married? And bitching to him about it? Doesn't help him at all! I just don't get it. How are you not beyond proud of your soldier? I know when I tell people what my husband does, I feel an enormous amount of pride. These women also like to bring up rank, like they somehow wear their husbands patches on their chest or something. They like to bitch that officers make more money, or the officer's wives are just bitches in general, or blah blah blah. I can't stand this! Listen, officer or not, people do not join the military for the money. And I am not a hateful bitch. When I meet other wives they have no idea what rank my husband is, and I don't ask them what rank their husband is. It is absolutely none of my business and vice versa. If I like you as a person, your husband's rank makes no difference to me. Now, if you start throwing it around or trying to "out rank" me, I'm going to stop you dead in your tracks and separate myself from you. I don't want that drama in my world, and I refuse to participate in it. I understand that some women don't think this way, and they've made the rest of us look bad. I am an enlisted airman's daughter, and an Army officer's wife. I am no better and no worse than anybody else. I wish other military wives would realize this. I hate being lumped into the "Bitchy officer's wife" group :( I feel like I've made an extra effort not to be perceived that way, and it bums me out that I don't always get credit for that just b/c of my husband's rank. I guess the point of my rant is 1. Quit bitching about your soldier's job. Get on board or get out. You just make it harder for them to do their job. 2. You are not your husband's rank, so quit acting like you are. I can guarantee he doesn't act like an ass at work, so you shouldn't at the commissary. Just two points I guess :)


Proud of my soldier :)



Current Battalion. He's shaping our future soldiers. Pretty proud of him.


 photo chickapeasiggy_zpsaf5931e6.png

3 comments:

  1. adorable pic! and love this post, in part because the people in the military are my HEROES (so thank your hubs for me) and because I totally agree on the popularity game. Do people ever grow up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They definitely do not. And can I just say you totally made my day by commenting? I adore your blog and stalk it regularly :) So thanks for checking mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second everything you said in this post!

    ReplyDelete