Wednesday, September 28, 2011

FRG "Coffee"

Last night we had an FRG ladies coffee. Their idea of "coffee" around here is getting together and eating not good for you snacks and appetizers and drinking wine. I LOVE "coffee" :) I of course, didn't have any booze, neither did LTC Brown's wife (she is also currently of the knocked up persuasion), but the snacks were delicious! It was nice to get together with this group of super fun ladies and just chit chat and laugh. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time. I love being the FRG leader for Charlie Company. I've gotten to meet all kinds of neat people b/c of it, and it's fun! I'm definitely having a much better FRG experience here at Ft. Benning than I did at Ft. Bragg. It's a smaller group of women, so we don't seem to have the "drama" that can sometimes come with a large group of women. I just wish the ladies in my company would be more involved. I email, call, harass their husbands, but I don't seem to get anything back. I don't want to be that annoying person, but damn. I want some friends and I want to get to know them! Haha That sounds totally selfish, but I do want our company to be close. We go through a lot as wives of drill sergeants and wives of the cadre, and I know sometimes I need a little morale boost when Joe has had to work til 8pm for the 5th night in a row, so I can only assume that sometimes they may be feeling the same way? Any suggestions as to how to get everyone together? I've asked for feedback from the ladies, but haven't received any. Joe said I should just pick a day and schedule something low key and just see who shows up. Maybe I'll try that. I definitely don't want to be a sucky FRG leader :) 
 photo chickapeasiggy_zpsaf5931e6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment